BATER lead acid batteries OPzS Perfect type for standby application
BATER is a manufacturer of complete standby application, lead acid batteries with low antimony (LA) positive tubular plates OPzS Perfect type, consistent with DIN40736 standards, with life of more than 20 years. We manufacture OPzS Perfect cells and stands to batteries, using the latest technological developments. Our batteries are reliable, have very long life and low cost. By using bidirectional recombination plug patented by BATER the need for water refill in the cell has been virtually eliminated. The recombination plug has also reduced ventilation requirements of rooms to VRLA battery level, which significantly reduced costs associated with the construction of battery room and maintenance costs.
Our batteries are built from:
- the highest quality lead acid cells produced in BATER plant in Gliwice.
- stands covered with polyethylene coatings of the highest corrosion resistance manufactured in BATER plant in Warsaw.
- patented recombination plugs eliminating the emission of hydrogen and water loss manufactured in BATER plant in Warsaw.
We manufacture complete series of types of stationary batteries, with dimensions compatible with DIN 40 736 standard, consisting of:
- 2V cells with capacity from 107Ah to 3340Ah.
Key features of OPzS Perfect batteries manufactured by BATER are:
- long operational life amounting to more than 20 years resulting from the application of the highest quality materials and latest manufacturing technology,
- excellent cycling operation,
- low internal resistance value by applying the best components (including separators) of reputable global manufacturers,
- low self-discharge<3%/month,
- extremely low water use through the use of low-antimony alloys and patented recombination plugs (no need for refilling water loses)
- rapid and straightforward control of electrolyte level through transparent containers,
- the highest level of safety and mechanical resistance of battery,
– battery cell containers produced by the leading European manufacturer are made of SAN plastic resistant to high and low temperature,
– lids with dependable poles seals to prevent the decrease of electrolyte,
– the basis for batteries are made of steel and covered by polyethylene coating applied by fluidization. The coating is resistant to shock, acid and any weather condition,
– the highest quality flexible connectors and screws connecting cells in the battery are fully insulated and provide full protection against short circuits.
BATER batteries have a HIGH DEGREE OF EFFICIENCY, as a consequence:
- we lower the value of floating current and minimize energy losses generated during operation of the battery,
- we shorten charging time, increasing the availability of a battery, thus, reducing the cost of battery charging,
- we lower operating costs.
CONSTRUCTION OF OPzS Perfect CELLS
The grid of the tubular positive plate consists of several lead spines which are joined together by the upper frame. The plate is made of low-antimony alloy 1,7% with the addition of substances preventing the creation of crystalline structures. The core is die cast. This provides homogeneity of lead alloy in the whole core. Positive plate is tubular, which means that the condensed active mass (PbO2) is placed in special tubes (guntlets) cured by impregnation and sealed from the bottom with a plug from polyester fibers. This construction provides excellent penetration of electrolyte through the walls of tubes, while preventing the active mass from dropping to the bottom of the container. The tubes are filled on wet which ensures homogeneity and repeatability of cells measurements,
- positive plates
Negative plate is made of the technology guaranteeing high porosity active mass. Negative plate grids are die cast from low antimony lead alloy with the addition of substances preventing from the creation of crystalline structures. This provides homogeneity of lead alloy in the whole grid. Plates are inserted into a special mesh of Sireg production to prevent active mass from dropping,
container and lid
The containers is made of transparent plastic and the lid of gray high-resistant plastic (type SAN – Styrene Acrylonitrile). is made of grey ABS and equipped with well proven seal for leakage-proof insulation of the terminal construction. Lid and container are being glued and is proof against the escape of gas or leakage of electrolite,
High reputable manufacturer Daramic separators insulating positive plates from negative ones are made of microporous polyethylene with low electrical resistance. They are characterized by high resistance to sulfuric acid, high temperature and aging processes.
- negative plates
with outer labyrinths thread and plastic sheathing are being made from corosion resistant lead aloy with brass inserted designed to give minimum resistance and maximum hermetic. The design of terminals ensures the cell is sealed in accordance to the requirments for VRLA batteries.
Fully insulated solid copper with full insulated screw with measurements hole.
bi-directional plugs RecPlug2
RecombinationpPlugs prevent hydrogen emission to the environment which is the protection against explosion, virtually eliminating the need to refill the water and reduces the battery room ventilation requirements to the level of VRLA batteries. On request, alternatively, we also equip the cell with ceramic plugs. Plugs enable gas excess to escape from the interior of the cell and protect against penetration of flame to the cell.
When using lead acid battery as a result of electrolysis of an aqueous electrolyte solution are separated hydrogen and oxygen. These gases in air may form explosive mixtures. Additionally the electrolysis reduces the amount of water in the electrolyte, which must be relatively frequently replenish in the battery. The conversion of hydrogen and oxygen in steam is an exothermic process. The heat emitted during the recombination process inside the sealed battery significantly accelerates the degradation of the lead electrodes immersed in an electrolyte. Therefore, the process is preferably carried away from the recombination with the electrodes, thus increasing the life of the entire battery. The innovative design of the gases generated during the electrolysis of water from the electrolyte when it reaches the plug in a controlled manner are converted into steam. Water vapor then condenses on the walls of plug. After cooling, as the water flows back into the battery. In order to achieve the most efficient gas recombination plug except the construction of a special catalyst system was also used bidirectional valves which automatically regulate the pressure inside the unit to achieve the best value. In order to maintain safe operation of the system pressure regulator over is mounted flame arrestor in the plug in addition to the single fuse hydrogen, in the form of a ceramic flame screen. In such designed plug gas emissions is minimal and safe for the surrounding environment. New recombination plug with two-way valve system, while maintaining the proper operation, maintenance reduces the frequency of replenishing the electrolyte level in the battery. New design of recombination plug increases the safety of the battery in areas with limited ventilation while maintaining the level of gas recombination at the highest possible level.