BATER lead acid batteries OPzS Optima type for standby application
BATER is a manufacturer of complete standby aplication lead acid batteries with low antimony (LA) positive tubular plates OPzS Optima type, consistent with DIN40736 standards, with life of 20 years. We manufacture OPzS Optima cells and stands to batteries, using the latest technological developments. Our batteries are reliable, have very long life and low cost. By using recombination plug RecPlug1 patented by BATER the need for water refill in the cell has been virtually eliminated. The recombination plug has also reduced ventilation requirements of rooms t, which significantly reduced costs associated with the construction of battery room and maintenance costs.
Our batteries are built from:
- the highest quality lead acid cells produced in BATER plant in Gliwice.
- stands covered with polyethylene coatings of the highest corrosion resistance manufactured in BATER plant in Warsaw.
- patented recombination plugs eliminating the emission of hydrogen and water loss manufactured in BATER plant in Warsaw.
We manufacture complete series of types of stationary batteries, with dimensions compatible with DIN 40 736 standard, consisting of:
- 2V cells with capacity from 107Ah to 3340Ah.
Key features of OPzS Optima batteries manufactured by BATER are:
- long operational life amounting 20 years resulting from the application of the highest quality materials and latest manufacturing technology,
- good cycling operation,
- low internal resistance value by applying the best components (including separators) of reputable global manufacturers,
- low self-discharge<3%/month,
- extremely low water use through the use of low-antimony alloys and patented recombination plugs (need for refill once every 12-15 years),
- rapid and straightforward control of electrolyte level through transparent containers,
- the highest level of safety and mechanical resistance of battery,
– battery cell containers produced by the leading European manufacturer are made of SAN plastic resistant to high and low temperature,
– lids with dependable poles seals to prevent the decrease of electrolyte,
– the basis for batteries are made of steel and covered by polyethylene coating applied by fluidization. The coating is resistant to shock, acid and any weather condition,
– the highest quality flexible connectors and screws connecting cells in the battery are fully insulated and provide full protection against short circuits.
BATER batteries have a HIGH DEGREE OF EFFICIENCY, as a consequence:
- we lower the value of floating current and minimize energy losses generated during operation of the battery,
- we shorten charging time, increasing the availability of a battery, thus, reducing the cost of battery charging,
- we lower operating costs.
Construction of OPzS Optima
The grid of the tubular positive plate consists of several lead spines which are joined together by the upper frame. The plate is made of low-antimony alloy 1,7% with the addition of substances preventing the creation of crystalline structures. The core is die cast. This provides homogeneity of lead alloy in the whole core. Positive plate is tubular, which means that the condensed active mass (PbO2) is placed in special tubes (guntlets) cured by impregnation and sealed from the bottom with a plug from polyester fibers. This construction provides excellent penetration of electrolyte through the walls of tubes, while preventing the active mass from dropping to the bottom of the container. The tubes are filled on wet which ensures homogeneity and repeatability of cells measurements.
- positive plates
Negative plate is made of the technology guaranteeing high porosity active mass. Negative plate grids are die cast from low antimony lead alloy with the addition of substances preventing from the creation of crystalline structures. Plates are inserted into a special mesh of Sireg production to prevent active mass from dropping,
container and lid
The containers is made of transparent plastic and the lid of gray high-resistant plastic (type SAN – Styrene Acrylonitrile). Lid and container are being glued and is proof against the escape of gas or leakage of electrolite. Acid-resistant rubber seals around the poles prevent the electrolyte loss during transport and operation,
High reputable manufacturer Daramic separators insulating positive plates from negative ones are made of microporous polyethylene with low electrical resistance. They are characterized by high resistance to sulfuric acid, high temperature and aging processes.
- negative plates
Terminals made of corrosion-resistant alloy of lead with a brass core reducing fastness and increasing the value of maximum current,
Plastic grommet with special seal,
Fully insulated solid copper with full insulated screw with measurements hole,
standard recombination plugs RegPlug1
RecombinationpPlugs prevent hydrogen emission to the environment which is the protection against explosion, virtually eliminating the need to refill the water and reduces the battery room ventilation requirements to the level of VRLA batteries. On request, alternatively, we also equip the cell with ceramic plugs. Plugs enable gas excess to escape from the interior of the cell and protect against penetration of flame to the cell.